Apply for a grantConnect with us
The F. R. Bigelow Foundation is committed to improving the quality of life and opportunities for all in the Saint Paul area. We are a member of the Minnesota Council on Foundations and embrace the grantmaking principles for Minnesota grantmakers.
The F. R. Bigelow Foundation considers grant applications from nonprofit organizations and public entities with a particular emphasis on helping to initiate and sustain programs serving disadvantaged people and communities.
Our primary geographic focus for grantmaking is the Greater Saint Paul metropolitan area, which includes Dakota, Ramsey and Washington counties, with a particular emphasis on serving people who live or work in the city of Saint Paul.
Primary areas of interest:
If you are representing an arts or cultural organization, F. R. Bigelow Foundation recommends, but does not require, that you complete a Cultural Data Project data profile for your organization.
Applications considered for:
- Program expansions or special projects of a time limited nature
- Support for established programs or organizations that have temporary or transitional operating needs
- Start-up costs for promising new programs relevant to community needs
- Funds to match contributions received from other sources or to leverage new or increased contributions
- Capital projects that generate important economic impact for the community
Applications not considered for:
- Regular annual operating support
- Sectarian religious programs
- Grants to individuals
- Medical research
We have two grant rounds each year. The application deadline for Round 1 is in January and for Round 2 is in July. Specific dates can be found on the Resources page.
We strongly encourage you to contact a member of our Program Officer team before submitting an application.
Apply for a grant
To apply for a grant with F. R. Bigelow Foundation, visit our online grant portal.