Apply for a grantConnect with us
The F. R. Bigelow Foundation seeks to enhance the quality of life for all in the greater Saint Paul area, fostering a vibrant East Metro region. We are a member of the Minnesota Council on Foundations and embrace the grantmaking principles for Minnesota grantmakers.
Please view our response to the COVID-19 pandemic for the latest information.
The F. R. Bigelow Foundation considers grant applications from nonprofit organizations and public entities fostering a vibrant East Metro region and seeking to achieve racially and economically equitable outcomes in the areas of arts & culture, economic & community development, education & youth development, health, housing and human services.
Our primary geographic focus is the Greater Saint Paul metropolitan area, which includes Dakota, Ramsey and Washington counties, with a particular emphasis on serving people who live or work in the city of Saint Paul.
Primary areas of interest:
- Arts & Culture
- Community & Economic Development
- Education & Youth Development
- Human Services
Applications considered for:
- Program expansions or special projects of a time limited nature
- Established programs or organizations that have temporary or transitional operating needs
- Start-up costs for promising new programs relevant to community needs
- Funds to match contributions received from other sources or to leverage new or increased contributions
- Capital projects that generate important economic impact for the community
Applications not considered for:
- Annual operating support
- Sectarian religious programs
- Grants to individuals
- Medical research
We have two grant rounds each year. More information can be found on the Grant Resources page.
We strongly encourage you to contact a member of our Program Officer team before submitting an application.
Apply for a grant
To apply for a grant with F. R. Bigelow Foundation, visit our online grant portal.