Apply for a grantConnect with us
The F. R. Bigelow Foundation seeks to enhance the quality of life for all in the greater Saint Paul area, fostering a vibrant East Metro region. We are a member of the Minnesota Council on Foundations and embrace the grantmaking principles for Minnesota grantmakers.
A note from the Foundation:
Our grant guidelines are being finalized. Please check back soon for detailed grant guidelines.
The F. R. Bigelow Foundation considers grant applications from nonprofit organizations and public entities fostering a vibrant East Metro region and seeking to achieve racially and economically equitable outcomes in the areas of arts & culture, economic & community development, education & youth development, health, housing and human services.
Our primary geographic focus is the Greater Saint Paul metropolitan area, which includes Dakota, Ramsey and Washington counties, with a particular emphasis on serving people who live or work in the city of Saint Paul.
Primary areas of interest
- Arts & Culture - Strengthening the arts & culture sector to serve all individuals and all communities across the region by supporting capacity building, capital projects and community programs.
- Community & Economic Development - Building a strong and vital East Metro through community building, physical development and strengthening support for low-income individuals, families and underrepresented communities through workforce development and training.
- Education & Youth Development - Supporting under-served children, youth and young adults by investing in access to high-quality education and youth development both in and out of school from cradle to career.
- Health - Increasing health equity through quality, affordable, culturally relevant services, particularly for low-income, uninsured, under-insured and socially marginalized individuals.
- Housing - Improving access for low-income individuals and families to affordable quality housing, preventing and ending homelessness.
- Human Services - Investing in basic needs for individuals and families, helping them be safe, stable and independent.
Grant applications for this cycle open on Dec. 15, 2020, and close on Jan. 12, 2021 at 3 p.m.
Before applying, all interested applicants are encouraged to contact a program officer to ensure that your grant fits the requested need.
We have two grant rounds each year. More information can be found on the Grant Resources page.
We strongly encourage you to contact a member of our Program Officer team before submitting an application.
Apply for a grant
To apply for a grant with F. R. Bigelow Foundation, visit our online grant portal.